There is an ongoing issue with the Trimble account servers that can prevent some SketchUp users from launching SketchUp, and others from creating new SketchUp models and Layout documents. As of the last update to this help article, there is no word from the Trimble as to when this issue will be resolved permanently.
However, the immediate fix is easy to implement:
- Shut down SketchUp and Layout,
- Launch SketchUp, the "Welcome to SketchUp" window should open,
- Click on the little "profile/person" symbol in the top right of the window,
- Click "Sign out",
- A web browser page will open confirming that you've signed out of all things SketchUp, go back to the "Welcome to SketchUp" window,
- Click "Sign in"
- Sign in with your Trimble ID and associated password,
- If you've forgotten your password, you can use the "Forgot your password" option.
- You should now have full access to SketchUp and Layout again.