You can either watch this Install SketchUp on a Mac video, or you can read through the instructions below, or you can do a bit of both!
Download and Install SketchUp on a Mac
Before you start the installation, please check that your PC meets these requirements:
Up-to-date Operating System and System Drivers
Step 1: Sign in with Trimble ID and Download SketchUp
You'll need a Trimble ID to sign in to download SketchUp. If you have not purchased or used a Trimble product before with your SketchUp registered email, a Trimble ID has been automatically created for you with this SketchUp purchase. Please Activate your Trimble ID account before you continue.
If you have previously purchased a Trimble product using the same email address for this SketchUp account, you may already have a Trimble ID. Skip "Activate your Trimble ID account" and proceed to sign in as follows.
- Go to: https://www.sketchupaustralia.com.au/
- Click “Sign in”. (Top right of the page)
- Click “Trimble AMP”.
- Enter your Trimble ID (The email address associated with your Trimble ID)
- Click “Next”.
- Enter your Trimble ID Password
- If you’ve forgotten your Trimble ID password, go to the Forgot your Trimble ID password article.
- Click “Sign in”.
- Your Trimble ID may have access to multiple Trimble Accounts.
- Trimble Products that you’ve purchased from Building Point Australia should be visible under the account with the sub title “Purchased via BUILDINGPOINT AUSTRALIA PTY LTD”, so open that account.
- Open “My Products”.
- Find the "SketchUp" product.
- If you can't find it, you may not have been allocated a SketchUp subscription, go to the Check your SketchUp subscription allocation article.
- Click "View included Applications".
- Find the "SketchUp Pro" card.
- Click "Download", you will be directed to the SketchUp Pro Download page.
- You may be asked to "Sign-in to Trimble ID" again, please do this.
- From the table, find the "Mac OSX" column, and the most up-to-date "SketchUp Pro" version, and click "Download".
- Once the download is complete, locate the SketchUp Pro installer DMG file and take note of where it has been saved.
- It is most likely in your downloads folder.
Step 2: Install SketchUp
- Close all instances of SketchUp, Layout and Style Builder.
- Uninstall all versions of SketchUp.
- If you're not sure how to do this, check out to the Uninstall SketchUp from a Mac article.
- Remove any remaining SketchUp icons from your dock
- Right-click/context-click on the dock icon > Options > Remove from Dock
- Locate and double-click on the SketchUp Pro installer DMG file.
- It is probably in your downloads folder.
- The SketchUp installer window will open.
- Drag the SketchUp icon and Drop it in the Applications folder.
- DO NOT double click on the SketchUp icon.
- See the image below for clarification.
- The installation process will commence and complete.
- You should now close the Installer window, eject the Installer application, and delete the DMG installation file.
- This avoids a situation where some people launch the installer every time they want to use SketchUp, instead of just launching the SketchUp they've already installed.
You need to drag and drop the SketchUp icon into the Applications folder.
Step 3: Launch and Activate SketchUp
- In Finder, go to Applications, then the SketchUp folder, and double click the SketchUp icon.
- The first time you launch the software, you may be prompted with a series of system questions and security messages, if so, click Open/Continue/Agree/Allow if you wish to proceed.
- When you reach the "Welcome to SketchUp" window, you'll see a “Sign in” button, click this button, the Trimble ID login page should open.
- Enter your Trimble ID email, then your password, then click “Sign in”, and you should receive confirmation that you’re signed in.
- Go back to the “Welcome to SketchUp” window and you should now be in the “Files” section where you can start a new project from a default template or open an existing project.