Please refer to this external help article
When Uninstalling SketchUp with the intention of Reinstalling SketchUp at some point, please:
- Backup any files you intend to reuse from the "Sketchup Preferences > Files" folders.
- We highly recommend customising these file locations so they are not tied to an individual SketchUp version, but rather are in a standard location that will not change between versions. You can Export these file locations for easy Importing later. (Same process as for Custom shortcuts described below)
- Also consider doing this for your "LayOut Preferences > Folders"
- Export your Custom Shortcuts just in case they are not carried forward into the new installation.
- Check out this video on how to Export and Import Custom Shortcuts (Custom file locations can be exported and imported in this same step): https://youtu.be/foVjHpd9ylM?t=135