What is Trimble?
In 2012, Trimble purchased SketchUp from Google. Trimble is an international company specializing in Agriculture, Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Construction, Geospatial, Transportation, and much more. Your Trimble ID is part of SketchUp’s integration into this parent company’s systems.
Creating and Using a Trimble Identity
All of the Trimble products (including SketchUp) are accessed and managed by your Trimble ID. So until you set one up, you won't be able to access any of your prouducts.
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SPAM! The Trimble emails may go to your spam folder. So, if you follow the steps below but can't find an email, please start by checking your spam first. Also, please allow up to 20 minutes to receive the email.
How do I create a Trimble Identity?
To create a Trimble ID, you can open SketchUp (2019 or later) or you can visit a SketchUp site such as 3D Warehouse and click “Sign in” to begin this process.
Once you’ve arrived at a Sign in page, just follow the steps to create your account.
- Start by entering your desired email address in the appropriate field.
Note: Even if SketchUp has emailed you at this email address, or you’ve purchased with this email address in years past, it doesn’t automatically create a Trimble ID. If you haven’t created one already, you’ll be prompted to create a new one.
- If the email address has already been used to create a Trimble ID, then you’ll see an option to enter your password or click on “Forgot Password.”
- If the email address has never been used, then you’ll see an option to create one.
- From the Trimble ID Sign in page, simply enter your email address. Enter your information. You will then receive an email asking you to activate your account. Please click on the email link within 72 hours.
- Click the link in the email to finish creating your Trimble ID. If you don’t see the activation email, please check your spam, or wait a little while.
It is likely that your Trimble ID has not been activated. When you create a Trimble ID, you will receive an email asking activate your account. This step confirms your email address is correct. Click the link in the email to activate your account. After that, you should be able to sign in with your Trimble ID credentials. You have 72 hours to activate your account. If you have not activated your account within 72 hours you will need to use the forgot password link to reset your password and activate your account. If you missed your 72-hour activation window, click here for an activation link.I have forgotten my Trimble ID password
On the Trimble ID sign in page, enter your email address and click Next. You'll be presented with a window allowing you to enter your password or click Forgot password?
Fill in your email address, and click the Reset password link.
Check your email inbox for email from Trimble ID service. In the email message, click the Reset password button to set a new password for your Trimble ID.